Medical professionals are faced with foot and back pain because of their long working hours. To prevent these pains as a medic, you need to consider what type of shoe you’re wearing and figure out what kind makes you feel the most comfortable.
According to Better Health Channel, buying and putting on the right pair of shoes will aid in keeping your feet healthy, giving you comfort, and prevent any type of injury or pain.
As a medical practitioner, you need to throw out any work shoes that are not benefiting you. According to HoodMWR, if you are feeling pains in the lower part of your back as a medic, you will need to consider an athletic shoe that absorbs pain developed from walking and running.
This article will provide you with tips to help you choose the right pair of shoes in line with your profession.
What are the Benefits of Buying the Right Shoe?
Wearing the right shoes as a medical professional is vital for your health. Your feet go through a lot daily because of your strenuous work activity.
You need shoes that are going to keep your feet and overall body healthy, fit, and comfortable.
Other benefits that you get when you wear the appropriate footwear are:
- Your feet will be cushioned, so no more foot pain.
- The shoes will fit well on your feet, meaning they aren’t too tight. This should alleviate any leg discomfort as well.
- Your feet will align properly with the shoe, giving you more support.
Things to Consider While Choosing Your Shoes
- Choose a shoe with an enclosure that does not allow percolation of liquid.
- Look at the heel and ensure it has a shock absorbing element.
- Go for the pair with an adjustable fit.
- A water-resistant shoe that can be easy to clean is always a great option.
- Pick a shoe that can give support and has a non-slip sole.
- Consider the environment where you work, as some jobs require closed-toe shoes.
Shoes to Buy
As a medical professional, the shoes you buy should be comfortable, strong, and tough.
Alegria Women’s Classic Clog
This type of shoe is very comfortable, as it has soft soles and is not heavy on the feet. It has a nice curve support and looks great too.
It is made from latex, rubber, leather, and memory foam, making it mostly suitable for women.
- Certified by the American Podiatric Medical Association as a recommended footwear
- Handstitched leather upper, lining and insole
- Removable footbed with podiatrist certified arch support
- Mild rocker outsole for improved pressure distribution
ASICS GT-2000 7
Suitable for someone who has flat feet, this style resembles most popular running shoes. It is also close-fitting to the leg.
It is made from Speva foam and rubber and is mostly used by females.
- Rearfoot and Forefoot GEL Technology Cushioning System - Attenuates shock during impact and toe-off phases, and allows movement in...
- I.G.S (Impact Guidance System) Technology - ASICS design philosophy that employs linked componentry to enhance the foot's natural...
- Guidance Line Midsole Technology - Vertical flex groove decouples the tooling along the line of progression for enhanced gait...
- AHAR Outsole - Acronym for ASICS High Abrasion Rubber. Placed in critical areas of the outsole for exceptional durability.
- Guidance Trusstic System Technology - This Trusstic System Technology integrates Guidance Line construction for enhanced gait...
New Balance 608v5 Cross Trainer Shoes
This is a cross-training shoe with durable comfort and shock-absorbing elements. Mostly worn by males, this shoe is manufactured from EVA foam and rubber, which makes it breathable as well.
- Cushioning on Cushioning: The New Balance 608v5 is an incredibly comfortable training shoe that features cushioning from all...
- ABZORB Technology: These New Balance training shoes boast an ABZORB heel crash pad that absorbs impacts through a combination of...
- Dual-Density Collar Foam: Designed to help keep your feet feeling their greatest, these casual cross training shoes include...
- Flexible Outsole: These cushioned shoes feature impressive flexibility in the outsole thanks to deep flex grooves that cover the...
- Leather Upper: The 608v5 brings together the soft comfort you want with the premium leather upper you love. The lace-up closure,...
Crocs Mercy Work Clog
This style is very comfortable, waterproof, and has a light heel. Socks are not necessarily required when wearing these clogs. They are made from synthetic material and are good for females.
- CROCS AT WORK: Clogs designed with food service, hospitality, and healthcare workers in mind, making great Nursing Shoes or Chef...
- EASY TO CLEAN: Crocs Mercy Work clogs are fully molded and easy to clean by just using soap and water and allowing for a quick dry
- SLIP RESISTANT SHOES FOR WOMEN: Crocs Lock slip-resistant treads come together to help you serve up the best non-slip shoes for...
- ROOMY COMFORT: These Crocs for work offer a more generous, roomy fit perfect for those who are constantly on their feet; Higher...
- CERTIFIED COMFORTABLE SHOES: Crocs that are fully ASTM F2913-11 tested, CE Certified Meets or exceeds EN ISO 20347:2012, OB, SRC
CALZURO Autoclavable Clog
This style is suitable for surgeons and is mostly worn by women. It is made of latex and rubber.
It gives good support and is easy to clean.
- Italian made: * The bottom of the sole lists UK sizing. US sizing is not marked anywhere on the Calzuro shoes. Please refer to the...
- Anti-static, eco-friendly, latex free, cruelty free & metal free
- 1.5" heel to reduce fatigue
- Slip resistant sole, medium width
- Sterilize in the autoclave, machine wash, disinfect with bleach, or wash in commercial dishwasher.
Brooks Ghost 11 Running Shoes
This type has a lace-up closure. It is made from mesh, making it highly comfortable.
It also fits firmly to feet, has good support, and has a balanced cushion. Men in the medical profession would like this style more than women.
- SHOE SIZE: "D" = Medium width, "EE" = Wide width
- FOOT SUPPORT: Ideal for runners with a medium to high arch looking for neutral support.
- BALANCED, SOFT CUSHIONING: BioMoGo DNA and DNA LOFT cushioning work together to provide a just-right softness underfoot without...
- SMOOTH, STABLE RIDE: The Segmented Crash Pad is designed to adapt to each foot fall, so no matter how your foot lands, you’ll...
- SOFT, SECURE FIT: The newly engineered mesh upper practically disappears on foot with strategically placed stretch and structure...
Rockport Waterproof Wingtip Oxford Shoes
This is a nice and durable style for male doctors. It is made from EVA and synthetic material, which makes it hard to wear on wet surfaces. These shoes are considered a more formal type of shoe.
Merrell Women’s Encore Breeze 2
This style is similar to sneakers and can be worn for different occasions. It gives some comfort to the feet and the back of the leg.
It is made from rubber and different fabrics, making it a good fit for women.
When shopping for shoes, make sure you purchase a pair that is going to suit your job and fit you properly. Check sizing and materials before buying and make sure that the pair you choose is going to be comfortable while you work.