For the most part, nurses work long hours and extra shifts almost every week. And, the majority of nurses generally work overtime.
In addition, a nurse’s job entails of a lot of running around from one patient to the next, plus helping doctors, and bending over to retrieve certain objects or items. And in reality, a nurse’s job is quite strenuous and demanding, especially since they are constantly moving and on their feet all day long.
Even if you’re not a nurse, some jobs require you to be on your feet for numerous hours such as other healthcare jobs, teachers, culinary fields, and retail work. These positions also require good shoes. In truth, footwear will make a huge impact on work performance.
Benefits of White Nursing Shoes
According to Howard Friedman, DPM, a podiatrist based out of Suffern, New York, clogs are a good shoe choice for nurses. This is because they have a wide toe box and they naturally expand throughout the day.
Friedman adds, the best shoe should be lightweight and durable. In addition, a quality shoe should be slip resistant. Dr. Freidman also suggests that a nurse should have two pairs of shoes for a wok shift.
Generally, after wearing shoes for 6 hours they become compressed and no longer offer support. However, with two pairs of shoes you can switch off in mid shift. This is also a great option for everyone who works long shifts on their feet like bank tellers, servers, and retail clerks.
In addition, The Nerdy Nurse states that there are numerous health benefits to wearing a quality pair of white nursing shoes such as
- Reduces foot pain
- Helps with balance
- Prevents spinal problems
- Decreases lower back pain
- Lowers discomfort and stress
- Reduces injuries due to falls
The best work shoes for people who are on their feet all days should offer support, durability, comfort, and a slip-free sole.
Cheap vs. Expensive White Nursing Shoes Options
Buying a cheaper pair of shoes can be appealing. However, cheaper shoes will essentially cost you more money along with health issues over time.
Cheaper shoes have a very limited shelf life and will quickly wear out. In effect, you have to invest in another pair of shoes quite often.
Moreover, cheaper shoes a seldom comfortable and really offer support. Over time, your legs, feet, and lower back start to suffer. In fact, your health can be drastically altered if you do not wear supportive shoes.
In addition, a quality pair of shoes will make work a lot more enjoyable. Truthfully, when your feet hurt, it can make life at work quite miserable.
Quality shoes will also last longer, reduce back and feet pain, help with balance to prevent spinal problems, and are slip resistant to help reduce falling on the job.
The Best White Leather Nursing Shoes – Reviews
Oftentimes, nurses are required to wear white colored shoes. This is because the shoes look very professional. In addition, white shoes give a sense of purity and cleanliness. In fact, they always look sanitized and germ-free.
White nursing shoes will help a nurse realize when their shoes are unsanitary and dirty. This is especially important when anyone works in a healthcare environment.
On the other hand, leather shoes are a great choice for nurses. Leather offers durability, breathability, extra protection, and are water resistant. Leather shoes are also very comfortable, offer a better fit, are easy to clean, and are quite stylish.
Some of the most high quality white nursing shoes on the market today include:
Dansko Women’s Pro XP Clog
- Padded instep for extra comfort
- Roomy toe box for ultra-coziness
- Lightweight construction decreases fatigue
- Fits much smaller
- Shoes have a very wide width
The Dansko Women’s Pro XP Clog is the ultimate nurse’s shoe with outstanding arch support and well-known comfort. It is designed for people who work long days on their feet.
In addition, the material promotes good feet, legs, and back health. What is more, these shoes are quite stylish and make a grand statement that delivers finesse’.
- Leather uppers; Padded instep collar for extra comfort when walking
- Patented slip-resistant rubber outsole suitable for dry, wet, and oily/wet surfaces
- Roomy toe box to allow toes to move comfortably - plenty of wiggle room
- Lightweight EVA midsole reduces fatigue for everyday wear and provides stability and high shock absorption
- Removable, dual density PU footbed includes Dansko Natural Arch technology - a TPU arch stabilizer for exceptional, all-day...
Sanita Women’s Professional Celina Clogs
- Cozy and comfortable
- Slip resistant outsole
- Sole allows natural motion from heel to toe
- Runs small
- Can be tight at the top of the foot
The Sanita brand is one of the first Danish clogs on the market. The renowned company has been offering extra comfortable clogs since 1907.
With an advanced design and high standards, their shoes are always light and comfy on the feet. In addition, each season offers a fashionable new style.
Nurse Mates Women’s Dove Oxford
- Highly durable
- Very comfortable
- Extreme flexibility
- The sole can feel hard
- Slips a little on the heel
The Nurse Mates Women’s Dove Oxford is one of the most popular nurse’s shoes on the market. It offers extreme flexibility and comfort coupled with long lasting wear.
Their design is made to last and offer easy to slip on features. As well, the Nurse Mates Women’s Dove Oxford has a smooth professional look that is perfect for nurses and healthcare practitioners.
- Shock-absorbing EVA unit bottom features durable, slip-resistant rubber inserts.
- Outer heel shell has a polyurethane core that delivers powerful, shock-absorbing protection.
- Stain-resistant leather upper offers durability and unparalleled softness.
- Leather upper, upper lining / sockliner, latex / EVA insole, EVA midsole, steel shank, EVA outsole.
- Heel Height: 1 1/2 inches. Care: Buff with a leather cleaner or polish. Wipe off with a dry cloth.
Skechers Sport Women’s Premium-Premix Slip-On Sneaker
- Supportive sole
- Easy to slip on and off
- Cushioned collar and tongue
- Hard to break in
- No give in the width
Skechers are renowned for being a high quality shoe brand that is stylish and long lasting. They are well known for their lifestyle reputation of top performance and wear.
Since 1992, Skechers have delivered a top quality shoe with diversity and a unique fashion line. The Skechers Sport Women’s Premium-Premix Slip-On Sneaker is a top performer with extra padding and soft support for long hours, a nurse’s dream shoe.
- Lightweight ; 1 1/4 inch built in heel.
- Flexible sole
- Smooth leather and synthetic upper
- Sporty lace-up fashion sneaker design
- Lightweight shock-absorbing supportive midsole
SoftWalk Women’s Meredith Clog
- Easy to slip off and on
- A shock absorbing footbed
- All in one style and comfort
- Toe box is tight
- Runs about ½ size small and narrow
The SoftWalk Women’s Meredith Clog is specifically designed for service professionals, especially for nurses. They are ultra-light with a flexible sole and a bounce with each step.
The SoftWalk Women’s Meredith Clog features a dual-density footbed cushions and a slip resistant gripping pad to prevent falls.
Timberland PRO Women’s Renova PROfessional Slip-On Clog
- Simple slip off and on
- Heel-to-toe rocker sole
- Scotchgard protector for stain resistance
- Runs small
- Average arch support
The Timberland PRO Women’s Renova PROfessional Slip-On Clog has numerous features that are well suited for long hour comfort. You won’t be disappointed with the Anti-Fatigue Technology, anatomical toe boxes, heel-to-toe rocker soles, and slip resistant outsoles.
- Features fresh technology to control s for a fresher, more comfortable foot environment. PU footbed cradles the heel and offers...
- When you're on your feet all day you'll need the Timberland PRO® Renova™ Professional slip-on shoe for its ultimate cushioning...
- Premium full grain leather upper offers outstanding style and durability.
- 3M Scotchgard™ protector provides excellent stain resistance.
- Slip-on design with elastic stretch side panels for easy on and off.
In fact, these shoes are designed for maximum comfort during long drawn out work shifts. The Timberland PRO Women’s Renova PROfessional Slip-On Clog also features durability, extra support, and fashionable style.