It can be very challenging when it comes to finding the proper shoe for a vet tech. Since a vet tech does a variety of tasks on the job, they require a special type of shoe.
Not only does the shoe need to be supportive but it has to offer protection and also be comfortable.
To top it off, vet techs rarely know what job they are going to do for the day. Subsequently, it is imperative that they have a good fitting shoe.
Here is a top 5 guide to the best shoes for vet techs:
Dansko Professional Clog
The Dansko Professional Clog is a classic shoe and not necessarily on the “high end” version. Frankly, it is categorized as a high classic vet tech shoe.
On the other hand, the Dansko Professional Clog is not the typical clog although it looks almost identical. This version of Dansko clogs is specially designed for safety and comfort.
These clogs also provide extra lateral stability, breathability and comfort over a long shift.
- Extra comfortable
- Machine washable
- Fashionable lace-up design
- More weight than most clog
- May take a while to break in
- Leather uppers; Padded instep collar for extra comfort when walking
- Patented slip-resistant rubber outsole suitable for dry, wet, and oily/wet surfaces
- Roomy toe box to allow toes to move comfortably - plenty of wiggle room
- Lightweight EVA midsole reduces fatigue for everyday wear and provides stability and high shock absorption
- Removable, dual density PU footbed includes Dansko Natural Arch technology - a TPU arch stabilizer for exceptional, all-day...
Skechers BOBS Women’s Plush-Go Fetch Ballet Flat
Sketchers have a reputation for being a straightforward brand that stays with the basics when it comes to their shoe design. However, the renowned company decided to enhance this style of a ballet flats with a puppy themed pattern.
This athletic slip-on offers a memory foam foot bed that keeps you very comfortable all day long. Additionally, Skechers donates part of the proceeds of sales to cat and dog charities.
Other great features include a yielding sole for extra comfort and a flexible rubber outersole with good tread.
- Very comfortable
- Easy to break-in
- Cute design and print
- Has a ‘true to size’ fit
- Not waterproof
- Has average traction
- flexible sole
- memory foam footbed
Super Birki Unisex Clogs – Veterinary Sneakers
Birkenstock’s are a well-known brand that is known for their quality and durability. Although they are not the most fashionable shoe, they still get very high ratings for their comfort and support.
The Super Birki Unisex Clog is a fashionable clog for vet techs that delivers comfort and supreme durability. In addition, they are easy to clean and can be professionally disinfected if needed.
What is more, the Super Birki Unisex Clog offers superb protection with it slip-free design.
- Very durable
- Can be cleaned and disinfected
- Anti-slip outsole that is certified
- A little expensive
- A bit bulky for some
Crocs Women’s Neria Pro II Graphic Clog
The Crocs Women’s Neria Pro II Graphic Clog is the iodeal shoe if you have to spend a lot of time on your feet. They offer long-standing and ongoing comfort coupled with an easy to clean design.
In addition, the Crocs Women’s Neria Pro II Graphic Clog has an enclosed heel and toe so that you conform to standards at t the workplace.
For style, the Crocs Women’s Neria Pro II Graphic Clog comes in seven fascinating yet stylish graphics. In fact, the numerous selections make it simple to choose something that caters to your style.
- Fits true to size
- Simple to clean
- Safe and slip-resistant
- May tend to squeak
- Not breathable and may cause your feet to sweat
- WORK CLOGS FOR WOMEN: Neria is dependable and ready to make the rounds with protection and comfort every step of the way. These...
- EASY TO CLEAN: Crocs Neria Pro II clogs are easy to clean by just using soap and water and allowing for a quick dry. The updated...
- WHAT SIZE SHOULD I BUY?: These slip resistant work shoes offer a relaxed fit and we recommend ordering a size down to the next...
- THICK CONSTRUCTION: These Crocs work shoes have thicker toe regions to protect feet from spills. These non-slip shoes for women...
- CERTIFIED COMFORTABLE SHOES: Crocs that are fully ASTM F2913-11 tested, CE Certified. Meets or exceeds EN ISO 20347:2012, OB, SRC
Merrell Encore Bypass Slip-On – Veterinarian Work Shoes
The Merrell Encore Bypass Slip-On was specifically designed for indoor use. It is a great slip on with good support.
In fact, many specialists recommend the Merrell Encore Bypass for veterinarian techs and people who work on their feet all day.
In addition, the Merrell Encore Bypass Slip-On is extremely comfortable and very lightweight. As a matter of fact, they are easy to get on and off plus simple to clean.
- Long lasting
- Stylish design
- Super supportive
- A very comfortable fit
- Size is not accurate
- Inner lining of shoe doesn’t breathe well
- Strobel construction offers flexibility and comfort
- Full grain leather and mesh upper
- Breathable mesh lining treated with Aegis antimicrobial solution resists odor
- Ortholite anatomical footbed
- Molded nylon arch shank
When searching for the perfect vet tech shoe, there are numerous features to consider. Veterinarian technicians need a shoe that is supportive yet very comfortable for long days on their feet.
In addition, vet techs require a supple design that supports natural body movements.
Vet tech shoes should never feel heavy or weighty. They should be lightweight in design plus offer protection from bumps and spills.
Traction and a good grip are also important. A good grip will help prevent a veterinarian tech from slipping and falling.
When it comes to selecting the perfect shoe, the ideal fit is dependent on the structure of your feet. For a stylish vet shoe may want to choose the Crocs Women’s Neria Pro II Graphic Clog.
For a more practical and simple shoe you may like the Skechers BOBS Women’s Plush-Go Fetch Ballet Flat the best.
However, any of the reviewed shoes are a good choice. They provide comfort, durability and long last support.