Teachers are part of shaping the lives of children and, thus, the future. It’s an important task, and one that is often spent standing and walking around for the majority of the time.
Teachers are prone to all kinds of foot ailments, such as flat feet, heel spurs, and pronation (when the foot rolls inwards). Proper footwear is essential, and that doesn’t mean wearing a hideous pair of Crocs or some clunky orthotics.
Below are some awesome shoe choices for those hard-working teachers out there.
When browsing for a suitable teachers’ shoe, consider some key aspects. For one, they need to have great shock absorption since teachers are constantly walking around on hard floors.
Secondly, they should be sturdy and supportive, but also comfortably soft. Arch and heel support is crucial, too.
Finally, every teacher wants to look good on the job, so it helps to have cozy shoes that are also fashionable. Check out a few of the top picks below.
Aerosoles Women’s Octagon Pump
These classic pumps from Aerosoles are a crowd favorite, especially among those who spend several hours a day standing. A rounded toe box allows for more comfort, while a 3 ¼” sturdier heel makes it appropriate for school, yet still stylish.
These shoes are available in standard and wide sizes, making them accessible for lots of teachers. They also come with Aerosoles’ patented technology, the heel rest, which distributes the wearer’s body weight towards the heel versus the ball of the foot.
This makes for an easier stride and increased comfort. As with all Aerosoles shoes, the insole is made of plush memory foam while a rubber diamond flex sole allows for better traction.
These pumps come in neutrals, metallics, and even a fun floral print. They have also earned an average user rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars on Amazon.
Many buyers have found that these Aerosoles heels provide a great fit, even for wider feet. Not only that, but they’re a pair of cozy shoes that are actually beautiful.
They embody the classic design of a pump heel, while cushioning the foot and providing a soft landing with each step. This is a versatile shoe that has been regularly used by teachers, as well as other professionals.
Customers report that the heel is wider, but doesn’t look clunky. Plus, it provides the stability they need to show off and walk the walk.
- Aerosoles memory foam
- Form and function
- Stabilized heel
- Not suited to everyday wear
- Tall heel height
- STYLE & DESIGN : One of our all-time favorite pumps in new colors for spring. The rounded toe and sturdy heel are balanced by a heel height of 3 1/4" for a leg-lengthening effect.
- COMFORT & QUALITY : Comfort foam footbed and sumptuous padded insole to soothe and pamper your feet. Built with leather and synthetic material to provide exceptional comfort and detail.
- STRONG & DURABLE : Manufactured with high quality materials and stitched with precision allowing for strong and robust inseams with sturdy and resilient soles.
- ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY : Heel Rest Design: A patent pending technology found only in Aerosoles. This custom design distributes your body weight toward your heel, and away from the ball of your foot. The result, superior comfort in both high heels and wedges so you look and feel great.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEE : You can return this item for any reason and get a full refund: no shipping charges. The item must be returned in new and unused condition.
B.O.C. Women’s Suree Slip-On Shoes
B.O.C. is all about comfort, and they’re a popular shoe brand among working professionals such as nurses and teachers. These fabric slip-on shoes create a casual feel while still looking classy.
Leather uppers add polish, while a slight heel (0.75”) elevates the look even more. The footbed is removable if the wearer should ever want to add their own insert or orthotic.
Their design is minimal, with angled lines and clean edges, making it a versatile shoe to wear at work and on the go. A reinforced insole allows for greater arch support, perfect for long days standing in front of the class.
Thanks to the slip-on style, it’s a breeze to take these shoes on and off. They’re sure to last through the school year and beyond.
These B.O.C. shoes boast an average user rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars on Amazon. Customers report that these slip-ons are some of the comfiest shoes they have ever had, and they cite the stretchy leather and padded insoles as key features.
If there is anything that could be improved about these shoes, it would be that they could use a bit more arch support. Fortunately, the footbed can accommodate orthotics for those who need them.
It might be best to have a Dr. Scholls insole, or something similar, to insert in there to enhance the comfort and life of the shoes. That being said, these are a timeless pair of slip-ons that can suit just about any environment.
Wear them barefoot or with ankle socks and feel the difference.
- Cozy padding
- Stretch and comfort
- Versatile style
- Could have more arch support
- Might require supportive insoles
- Leather upper
- Slip on style for an easy on and off
- Smooth linings
- Padded footbed for added comfort
- 3/4 inch heel
Clarks Breathable Boot
Clarks already has a great reputation for its quality and style, and these breathable boots are a great match for busy teachers who crave form and function. The women’s boot is available in leather and suede for a crisp, pulled-together look.
A rubber sole allows for better traction and a rounded toe adds more comfort. The heel measures about 2.5”, and there is a convenient side zipper for easy on and off.
There is also a men’s version of the boot, with a 1” heel and the traditional crepe-soled style of the British military. Also available in leather and suede, consumers can choose between standard and narrow sizes.
The men’s and women’s Clarks boots have an average of 4.6 out of 5 stars on Amazon. Customers rank them highly on design, style, and fit.
They’re snug without being too tight and the footbed is pillowy enough to be supportive, yet soft. The padded insoles flex during movement to allow for a more natural gait, something that teachers and other professionals greatly appreciate.
The majority of buyers would definitely recommend these boots to a colleague or friend. Shoppers can feel good about purchasing a pair of these shoes because they have the century-old reputation of Clarks along with hundreds of customer reviews praising these boots for their attractiveness and cozy feel.
- Anatomical footbed padding
- Clarks reputation of quality
- Men’s and women’s styles available
- Not suitable for daily use
- On the pricier side
- Rich suede or leather uppers with a round toe.
- Ankle-height boot silhouette.
- Medial side zipper for an easy on-and-off.
- Soft and breathable leather and fabric linings.
- Fully cushioned, leather-lined footbed provides comfort and support. Durable rubber heel and outsole. Imported. Measurements: Heel Height: 2 1⁄2 in Weight: 15 oz Circumference: 10 in Shaft: 4 1⁄4 in Product measurements were taken using size 8.5, width B - Medium. Please note that measurements may vary by size. Weight of footwear is based on a single item, not a pair.
Crocs Women’s Graphic Work Ballet Flat
Just when we all thought Crocs were going to be obsolete, they released more fashion-forward styles. Now people can experience the supreme comfort of these shoes without the monstrous size and shape.
Available in whole and half sizes, choose from sizes 4 through 11. These shoes come from the Crocs at Work Collection and include specialized outsoles with tread for greater traction.
They also include the iconic Crocs foam footbeds that put this shoe company on the map. These shoes are slip resistant and are a breeze to clean with simple soap and water.
They’re lightweight and come in a cool graphic pattern to add a bit more pizazz to the look. These flats keep the heel and toe enclosed for added safety, and padded insoles support the arches during movement.
Customers say time and time again how comfortable their Crocs are, and it seems these work flats are an excellent addition to the collection. The foam footbed stands out as a highly comfortable and durable feature, enabling wearers to transition from work to night without any aches or pains.
On Amazon, these shoes have an average user rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars. One potential downside to these flats is that they don’t have any vents or cut outs, such as traditional Crocs.
This could pose a problem for people wearing them for extended lengths of time in hot climates. Fortunately, most teachers won’t have this kind of issue.
Overall, these shoes are fashionable and have a lightweight and padded feel, without looking inexpensive or awkward. Most people probably won’t even know they’re Crocs.
- Comfort for all day and night
- Croc’s specialized foam insoles
- Lightweight and slip resistant
- Half sIzing can be inconsistent
- No vents or cut outs
- Crocs Lock slip-resistant treads
- Enhanced arch support adds comfort. Enclosed toes and heels meet workplace standards and protect feet
- Fully molded and easy to clean with soap and water
- Iconic Crocs Comfort: Lightweight. Flexible. 360-degree comfort.
- ASTM F2913-11 tested, CE Certified. Meets or exceeds EN ISO 20347:2012, OB, SRC
Rockport Men’s Style Leader 2 Bike Slip-On
Rockport is another shoe company known for its focus on comfort, even among dress shoes, high heels, and sandals. These leather dress shoes come in standard and half sizes, as well as classy neutrals such as black, tan, and truffle tan.
The sponge EVA outsole is lightweight to provide better shock absorption and create a more natural fit. In addition, the cushioned footbed and durable synthetic sole work double duty to make the shoe stable, reliable, and make you feel as though you are walking on clouds.
A square toe adds a bit more elegance, plus there are two styles customers can go with: slip on or lace up. These shoes also include Rockport’s DEWIX moisture wick lining to prevent sweaty feet.
The shoes have an average user rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars on Amazon. The vast majority of buyers say that they fit as expected, and they look great for going out, teaching, or for a business casual look.
Moreover, the design lends itself to an easy on and off, making them suitable for all ages no matter their personal style. The reinforced synthetic soles continue to provide softness and support after hours of walking outside or standing.
The shoes pair well with orthotics if needed, and they’re easy to clean so they should stand up to long-time wear. If anything, they could be more fashion forward, as they look quite plain.
- Easy to put on/take off
- Excellent shock absorption
- Hold up to hours of wear
- Plain looking
- Pricier than the competition
- Sponge ethylene vinyl acetate confirms to the shape of the foot for a personalized fit and adiprene by adidas provides shock absorbing heel cushioning
- Dewix anti microbial linings help reduce foot odor and wick moisture to help keep the foot dry
- Waterproof leather, seam sealed, waterproof insole, and gusseted tongue helps keep feet dry in wet weather