For those who haven’t heard of it, Morton’s Neuroma is a condition that affects the ball of the foot, creating a thickening in the tissues around the nerves. For someone with the ailment, it can feel like they’re perpetually stepping on a little pebble, with it jutting into their foot.
Needless to say, it’s painful, and a lack of proper footwear will only exacerbate the problem.
The good news is that there are more footwear options out there than ever before. People with Morton’s Neuroma are advised to stay away from high-heeled shoes, and this can make the problem worse, and might have even caused the condition in the first place.
Instead, shoes with lower heels and wider toe boxes tend to bring the most relief, so it’s the primary thing to look for when browsing for an appropriate pair of shoes. This guide includes some of the most popular choices for people dealing with Morton’s Neuroma.
Alpine Gray Orthotic Sandal
These shoes come recommended by Orthofeet, a leading company centered around a community of podiatrists. This men’s sandal is suitable for people with Plantar Fasciitis, Morton’s Neuroma, and other foot conditions.
It features the Ortho-Cushion system, which includes an insole modeled after the natural anatomy of the foot, as well as reinforcing air pockets on the heels. The insoles are antimicrobial and made of a soft, plush foam that hugs the contours of the foot while still providing ample support.
The removable insoles have an extra ¼” of cushioning in the toe area to help with individuals struggling with Morton’s Neuroma. In addition, these sandals are lightweight and have a soft interior lining to prevent friction against the skin.
They’re available in standard and wide sizes, as well as brown and gray colors.
Overall, buyers are thrilled with their purchase of these shoes. On Amazon, the average user rating is 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Customers have used these sandals to ease the symptoms of their Plantar Fasciitis, flat feet, and similar foot ailments. They report that the fit feels very natural and that the contours of the footbed mimic the natural curves of the foot.
Others have had success adding supplemental inserts or orthotics to the sandals as well. On the downside, these shoes are on the expensive side, especially for sandals.
Moreover, if consumers want sandals that are water resistant, they might want to bypass this pair.
- Air pocket support
- Natural fit
- Orthotic insole
- Expensive for sandals
- Not waterproof
- HEEL PAIN? PLANTAR FASCIITIS? FOOT PAIN? DIABETES? ARTHRITIS? Sandy orthotic shoes offer the best footwear solution, and our customers agree: "No one has more foot problems then me, and I can honestly write that they have made me able to walk again without pain. Pure Comfort! Estelle St. Clair. These shoes feature premium orthotic insoles with anatomical arch support and multiple cushioning layers that improve foot and leg alignment, enhancing comfort and helping ease pain on the heel.
- INSTANT COMFORT and PAIN RELIEF GUARANTEED! Lightweight sole with AIR CUSHIONING softens step and adds spring to your step. Biomechanically engineered to alleviate stress on the joints, enhance stability and help facilitate foot motion. Try RISK FREE: Walk COMFORTABLE and PAIN FREE or Your MONEY BACK!
- Non-Binding, Extra Depth Design - Soft, non-binding upper with extra depth design and wide toe box eliminates pressure on bunions and hammer toes. Soft, seam-free interior lining, padded with foam, eliminates pressure points and offers superior comfort and protection for sensitive feet and for those who suffer from diabetes, neuropathy and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Designed with innovative comfort features for the following footwear: men's comfortable shoes, men's arch support shoes, men's shoes for neuropathy, men's orthopedic shoes, men's orthotic shoes, men's arthritis shoes, men's depth shoes, men's wide shoes, men's extra wide shoesmen's heel pain shoes, men's plantar fasciitis shoes, men's foot pain shoes.
- Engineered to offer best footwear solution for Foot Pain, Heel Pain, Arch Pain, Knee Pain, Ball of the Foot Pain, Metatarsal Pain, Knee Pain, Back Pain, and to enhance comfort for Sensitive Feet, Diabetic Feet, Arthritic Feet, Neuropathy, Plantar Fasciitis, Pronation, Metatarsalgia, Morton's Neuroma, Hammer Toes.
Altra Lone Peak 3 Running Shoes
Stylish and functional, the Altra Lone Peak 3 is a running shoe that has enough support for avid athletes or just those who need some extra comfort. It features Altra’s NeoShell fabric, which keeps feet dry while still letting them breathe.
The MaxTrac outsole provides superior traction on all types of surfaces, and the Balanced Cushioning and FootShape toe box helps the wearer maintain proper form. It positions the toe correctly in the shoe so that they don’t get crushed or unsupported.
In addition, the heel and forefoot remain stabilized in the shoe, helping with shock absorption and proper form while running or walking. The insole is a five millimeter contoured foam, and the midsole features dual-layer EVA for durability and a bit of give.
These running shoes are designed to mimic the natural curvature of a women’s foot. Don’t be turned off by the term “running shoes,” these are great for everyday wear, too.
These sneakers are stylish and come in three striking color schemes: black/mint, gray/blue, and gray/purple. They have 4.4 out of 5 stars on Amazon, and the price is on par with competitors such as Nike and Asics.
The majority of buyers agree that the support and cushioning is great on these sneakers, making them suitable for runs or just a low-key day at home or work. Many of the buyers who have foot conditions were either suggested these shoes by podiatrists or found the sneakers online.
They’re generally satisfied with the support and gentle stability of the shoes. On the other hand, some customers have found that the heel cup is made of a more solid material than previous models, which may cause some discomfort for some wearers.
Also, shoppers should order a size up because these sneakers tend to run small.
- Contoured insoles
- Great shock absorption
- Recommended by podiatrists
- Dense plastic heel cup
- Run small
- Shrug off rain, snow, mud, and nearly any element Mother Nature throws your way, in the Altra Lone Peak 3 Neoshell trail-running shoe.
- Predecessor: Lone Peak 2.5.
- Support Type: Neutral to underpronation.
- Cushioning: Lightweight, flexible response.
- Surface: Trail. Differential: 0 mm. Altra Zero Drop recommends that those new to natural running and zero-drop footwear transition slowly by wearing these on shorter runs and gradually building up to regular mileage. Natural-running-inspired shoe with a zero-drop differential and moderate cushioning, that is ideal for trail running, hiking, fastpacking, trail racing, and cold conditions. Designed to improve running form, toe splay, stability, push-off, traction, and comfort. NeoShell uppe
New Balance Women’s W1540V2 Running Shoe
These sneakers belong to New Balance’s Motion Control Collection, which helps with shock absorption, foot stability, and cushioning. This creates a low-impact running experience, although it’s still great for people who aren’t as active.
The shoes come in standard, wide, and extra wide sizes, as well as three colors: UV Blue, Blue/White, Silver/Mint Green. The footbed is designed to maintain a forward-facing foot, so those who suffer from pronation will find these helpful.
The midsole contains two layers of roller foam, with extra reinforcements in the heel to help with shock impact. A rubber outsole makes them reliable on different surfaces.
The collar is also made of dual-density foam, and the mesh uppers add breathability. A polyurethane insert adds some more protective cushioning.
These sneakers are built to be lighter than previous New Balance models, which is always nice.
Amazon buyers have given these shoes an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars. Customers include people who have transitioned from orthotics to sneakers, as well as those with existing foot conditions.
They report ample cushioning around the heel and ankle, which agrees with New Balance’s commitment to preventing rear-foot movement.
Some customers have had luck adding their orthotic inserts to these shoes, while others have not. Overall, the sneakers seem to hold up to daily activity and wear, and they’re a fashion-forward design that rivals Nike and other competitors.
The major downside to these sneakers is that they’re very expensive. Also, it’s great that there is extra support in the heel, but people with Morton’s Neuroma need that kind of softness in the toe box.
- Dual-density foam
- Prevents rear-foot movement
- Sturdy enough for daily activity
- Not as much support in toe box
Klogs USA Melbourne Mule
The Melbourne Mule from Klogs USA are made of 100% leather with a synthetic sole. They have a 2” heel for added elegance and an antimicrobial lining that keeps feet dry.
The outsoles are anti-slip, and the sole is flexible for easier movement and traction. The polyurethane insoles are there for shock absorption, but they are removable and can be replaced with orthotic inserts if needed.
The footbed features all-around cushioning to cover the entire foot, and the shoes have a round toe and extra stretch at the instep for easy on and off. They come in standard and wide sizes and two classic colors: black and walnut brown.
These clogs have an impressive 4.8 out of 5 stars on Amazon. The majority of customers have been pleasantly surprised by the level of comfort of these clogs.
Buyers include those with chronic foot conditions and knee pain. They state that these shoes are well made with excellent support in the heels.
As such, they’re great for those who work in jobs that require lots of standing and walking around. These clogs are common among nurses, teachers, and waitresses.
They’re not too heavy, although they run large, so order a half size down. Overall, they make for an excellent all-day shoe that is refined and polished.
Those with Morton’s Neuroma should be aware that these clogs seem to be more supportive in the heel rather than the toe.
- Contoured footbed for cushioning
- Easy on and off
- Extra stretch
- More support in heel than toe
- Run large
- Non marking anti slip outsoles
- Flexible sole
- Removable polyurethane insoles
- Cushioned supportive comfort
- Great footwear for common foot issue like plantar fasciitis
Orthofeet Springfield Stretchable Mary Jane Shoes
For a traditional Mary Jane look, try these shoes from Orthofeet, a company with the backing of hundreds of global podiatrists. Available in black and navy blue, they’re made with the Ortho-Cushion system that includes air pockets in the heel and a cushioning sole in the forefoot.
This should be especially helpful for those with Morton’s Neuroma. The entire footbed is designed to cradle the foot’s natural contours, creating an easier, low-impact gait.
It also includes four distinct layers of padding for an ergonomic fit that provides just enough stretch and arch support. These shoes comes with two pairs of removable spacers, one ⅙” thick and another ⅛” thick.
This allows wearers to find just the right amount of support they need. The interior lining is free of seams, which reduces pressure points and makes for a cozier feel.
The shoes come in standard sizes, as well as wide and extra wide. On Amazon, they have an average user rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
The inclusion of the two sets of spacers allows customers to get a more customized fit, even if they have the shoe in their correct size. Many buyers praise the shoes for their ideal combination of give and stability.
Those with edema, hammertoes, and other foot ailments have found relief with these Mary Janes.
- Ample stretch
- Removable spacers
- Sturdy comfort
- Could use more toe support
- Sizing runs large
- HEEL PAIN? PLANTAR FASCIITIS? BUNIONS? DIABETES? ARTHRITIS? Sandy orthotic shoes offer the best footwear solution, and our customers agree: "No one has more foot problems then me, and I can honestly write that they have made me able to walk again without pain. Pure Comfort! Estelle St. Clair. These shoes feature premium orthotic insoles with anatomical arch support and multiple cushioning layers that improve foot and leg alignment, enhancing comfort and helping ease pain on the heel.
- Easy Gait - Ortho-Cushion System of lightweight sole with air cushioning softens step and adds spring to your step. The Ortho-Cushion System is biomechanically engineered to alleviate stress on the joints, enhance stability and help facilitate foot motion. Walk comfortable and pain free every step you take.
- SUPERIOR COMFORT AND PROTECTION: Non-binding upper with EXTRA DEPTH DESIGN and WIDE TOE BOX eliminates pressure on BUNIONS and HAMMER TOES. Soft, SEAM-FREE INTERIOR LINING, padded with foam offers superior comfort and protection for sensitive feet and for people with DIABETES, NEUROPATHY and rheumatoid ARTHRITIS.
- Designed with innovative comfort features for the following footwear: women's comfortable shoes, women's arch support shoes, women's shoes for neuropathy, women's orthopedic shoes, women's orthotic shoes, women's arthritis shoes, women's depth shoes, women's wide shoes, women's extra wide shoes, women's heel pain shoes, women's plantar fasciitis shoes, women's foot pain shoes.
- Engineered to offer best footwear solution for Foot Pain, Heel Pain, Arch Pain, Knee Pain, Ball of the Foot Pain, Metatarsal Pain, Knee Pain, Back Pain, and to enhance comfort for Sensitive Feet, Diabetic Feet, Arthritic Feet, Neuropathy, Plantar Fasciitis, Pronation, Metatarsalgia, Morton's Neuroma, Bunions, Corns, Hammer Toes.